“Friends, my normal functioning computer started to freeze suddenly. So I thought of reinstalling Windows 7 operating system to overcome this problem but then system came up with a problem. Some files are missing now! How do I fix this issue? Somebody please help!”
Hey guys, if such error report troubles you, just relax! Read the complete article to find better solution for this issue. Some of the causes that leads to missing media files are listed below.
Have a look-
- An indecent way of interrupting file transfer between external devices and system. Ejecting device in middle of the process will result in media loss disasters
- Unintentional format. Instead of using scan/eject or any other command, tapping on “format” accidentally will erase those files permanently on system
- Invasion of high severity viruses and malware can make files go invisible or turn them into shortcut files
- Insecure third-party application installed on Windows can cause removal of few files without owner’s permission
Now you are clear about why some media files are missing from Windows 7 system. Go through below sections to know how to fix this issue?
First method: Using backups
Use your backup data to find missing files and data. either manually created backup or cloud storage backup such as Dropbox. Both will work out.
But what if you do not have a backup? In such case switch to next method to fix this dilemma immediately via rescuing vital files that are missing.
Second method: Using a Restoration tool
Yodot Photo Recovery application helps to retrieve media files that are missing from Windows 7. This utility recovers files like audio, video, RAW images, and other MS Office files. Hard drives, CF card, SD cad, memory stick, external hard disks and other portable devices can be restored using the software. Yodot tool has no compatibility issues with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 OS versions.
Procedure to find missing files from Windows 7 system.
Step 1: From here download Yodot Photo Recovery utility on Windows 7
Step 2: Run the program after installation is done
Step 3: Opt for either “Lost Photo Recovery” option
Step 4: Choose drive from where files went missing and then click on Next option
Step 5: A list of retrievable files will be displayed, pick target files with “Data View” or “File Type View” options
Step 6: “Preview” the files rescued for confirmation
Step 7: Set a destination folder to save files that were recovered
• Have a backup of files to prevent data loss issues
• Avoid third party applications
• Interrupting data transfer process