You may have stored numerous music files on your computer. So, when you switch on your system to listen to those songs, you find out that all files are missing!! Yes, such tragic events occur. Let us see a real-time incident:
“I was listening to some songs on my Windows system. Unfortunately, the power turned off in middle of this activity. So after sometime, I restarted my system and was looking for my folder containing a vast collection of music. The folder exists but I can’t find my music files on my computer. Please suggest some troubleshooting methods to resolve this issue”
Yes, there are many ways to solve this issue. Before understanding the possible ways to fix this issue, one need to know the reason behind file loss, so that you get a clue to go to the bottom of an underlying issue.
- Harmful threats, especially worms and virus can be the reason for data loss
- The deleted music files may bypass the Recycle Bin. Thus you will not be able to find them
- Interruptions while transferring songs from one device to another
- Upgrading OS to any other version
- System Restore option may take your system back to that point in time when the songs didn’t exist. Thus you will not be able to locate your files
The fastest way to assist you in getting back your missing files is that you need to carefully read the below guidelines:
- Restart your Windows system and then start looking for your song files
- Recall whether you have moved or renamed the music files
- Go to My Computer, then from the left menu select the Music library and look for your songs
- Log on to your Windows system and click on “Start” With the help of Search box at the left corner of the menu, find your file. Sometimes you may not be able to find the music files because it may be set to hidden. By default, Search option as well as the File Explorer will not display any hidden files. Hence make sure that the properties of the music files are not set to “hidden“. Further, you can configure File Explorer to show hidden files by clicking on Control Panel-> Appearance and Personalization-> Folder Options-> View tab. Then from Advanced settings, choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives and then click OK.
If you still can’t find your audio files using the above troubleshooting methods then it’s recommended to try the next method.
Music Retrieval software-Yodot Photo Recovery
Supported music and video file formats: Music and Video- AVI, AVS, ASF, ASX, 3GP, DIVX, MOV, MPEG, MPG, M4V, WMV, XVID, AIFF, AIF, AMR, M4A, M4B, MP3, MP4, WAV, MIDI, RA, WMA, OGG, AU, RM
Yodot Photo Recovery is the leading music restoration application that can help you get back all your missing files. The unique and powerful algorithm of this tool scans for your drive sector by sector and extracts your lost music file. To utilize this tool you need to download and install the application on your Windows system. Then run the tool and follow the below steps:
- The welcome screen will display two options, Deleted Photo Recovery and Lost Photo Recovery. Click on the second option
- Select the drive/partition from where you want to extract your lost song files
- Scanning process begins
- Data View or File Type View options will be displayed. Select either of them to view your retrieved music file
- Store your extracted music files on any location