Have you unintentionally deleted photos from Photo Gallery on your Windows system and later regretted for it? Then, this is the right article for you. Most of us have come across a bad experience of losing precious image files due to accidental deletion or various other reasons. Of course, the best way to guard against this risk is to be in the habit of taking regular backup of your files. Let us see a situation where user has faced such similar problem:
I accidentally deleted some important photos that were stored in Photo Gallery and I want them back. Is it possible to restore deleted photos for Windows machine?
It is obvious that deleted pictures can be restored back from Recycle Bin. But, problem arises, when you have cleared your Recycle Bin or permanently deleted or even formatted the photo files. If the images are missing due to reasons like system crash, power failure, virus infection, system hang or freeze, etc., they do not fall into Recycle Bin. These erased images remain in the storage area unless and until they are overwritten with new files.
Few other causes of picture file loss are:
- While transferring picture files from one device to another
- Improper system shutdown
- Windows crash
- Software corruption
Some basic checks to retrieve your photos:
- The first and most basic thing is to check your Windows Recycle Bin for your deleted or lost photo files
- If you have a scheduled backup, then check your backup copy if the image files are present
- You can try to recover the missing pictures using command prompt. Go to Start -> click All Programs -> select Accessories -> then Command Prompt -> type chkdsk “drive letter” /f (for example, chkdsk E: /f). Then type Y. Now type the drive letter again and hit enter (for example, E:). Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and press enter key. This will retrieve all image files and saves into a new folder. Copy everything and change the file name extensions (for example, from .chk to .jpg)
After performing above checks, if you find no progress, then go ahead and use Yodot Photo Recovery which is the most efficient and reliable tool to recover accidentally deleted windows photo gallery.
This software can restore images that are deleted or lost with powerful scanning algorithms. It helps to get back erased videos as well. The retrievable pictures can be previewed to confirm whether you have selected right one or not. It also recovers photos from other applications such as Photo Library, Picasa, photoscape and so on. It aids in restoring image files from SD cards, internal and external storage devices, USB drives, etc.
Step by step process of retrieving image files using Yodot tool:
- Press to download and install application in your Windows PC
- Run it and you will find two options: ‘Deleted Photo Recovery’ and ‘Lost Photo Recovery’. Select one among them based on the scenario
- Choose the drive from where you want to restore. It will scan the selected one and displays a list of files
- Select the recoverable files by making use of ‘Data view’ or ‘File type view’ option
- Preview the pictures and finally save to your desired folder